The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana is a nonprofit arts organization formed in 1970. For 50 years the Arts Council has worked hard at fulfilling its mission of enhancing quality of life in the region and bolstering economic development by way of advocating and promoting arts, arts education and arts organizations in Southwest Indiana.
In 2021, the Arts Council was able to:
- Distribute $300,000 that supported arts organizations, projects, and youth and community arts experiences.
- Curate 11 fine arts exhibits, featuring the work of 200+ local and regional artists and paying out $4,000+ through gallery shop purchases.
- Feature and pay 75 musicians on the Rooftop Art Deck through 14 concerts in the On the Roof series.
- Invest in arts experiences for young people through 33 classroom and youth arts grants at 21 schools and institutions.
- Enhance public spaces through the facilitation of two new major murals in Downtown Evansville and one new basketball court mural in the underserved Tepe Park neighborhood.
- Welcome more than 60 artists to Haynie’s Corner Art District in the First Fridays summer festival series.
- Expand our virtual offerings through online galleries, concerts, creativity challenges, and artist videos.
- Complete work on the Bronstien Foundation / TMMI elevator, making the Rooftop Art Deck fully accessible to all Bower-Surheinrich Foundation Gallery guests.
- Partner with the State of Indiana to provide funds, training, and opportunities to artists and arts organizations in a 10 county region of Southwestern Indiana.
The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana is proud to be a Regional Arts Partner for the Indiana Arts Commission. The Arts Council oversees Region 10, which includes the following counties: Daviess, Dubois, Gibson, Knox, Perry, Pike, Posey, Spencer, Vanderburgh, and Warrick counties. Click here for more information.
More about ARTSWIN
Gallery and Rooftop Hours
Monday: By appointment only
Tuesday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: Open for scheduled events
212 Main St. Evansville, IN 47708