Why You Are/Who You Are/Where You Are
A Community Photography Project Presented by the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana
With a Public Reception Sponsored by
The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana wants to tell your story through images of the people, places, memories and things that you love.
The community is invited to contribute to a fall 2019 art installation by sharing personal photographs for display in the Bower-Suhrheinrich Foundation Gallery. To participate, individuals will submit 5 photos, one for each of the following categories:
- A person you love
- An object you love
- A place you love
- An important memory
- A photo of yourself
- Participants do not need to be artists, and there are no age or eligibility requirements to enter the exhibit.
- Images may be new or old, but must be printed on photo paper (historic photographs may be submitted on original material)
- Images may not exceed 8.5 inches by 11 inches in size, and may be smaller
- All photos must be labeled on the back with the submitter’s name, phone number, and email address.
- Photos must be delivered in a large (e.g. manila) envelope labeled with submitter’s name, phone number, and email address. THIS IS TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF YOUR PHOTOS DURING DROP OFF AND PICK UP.
- The Arts Council retains the right to reject photos from the exhibit deemed offensive or inappropriate. Inclusion in the project is at the discretion of the Arts Council staff and Board of Directors.
Sept. 10 – 14, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm______Drop off images at the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana (212 Main Street, Evansville, IN 47708)
Oct. 11 & 12, 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm ______ Pick up images at the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana (212 Main Street, Evansville, IN 47708)
September 27, 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm ______Public exhibit reception at the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana (212 Main Street, Evansville, IN 47708)
Click the link below for the printable info page.
Monsters on Main and Monsters Homecoming
This is a special monster-themed exhibit for Downtown Evansville! The exhibit features 2D art in the Bower-Suhrheinrich Foundation Gallery and 3D art in businesses on Main Street. The registration deadline is Sept. 23. The prospectus includes all the necessary information. All artists are encouraged to submit work for this special Halloween exhibit!
For more information, contact Andrea Adams.
Please stay tuned for upcoming calls for artists. To be added to the Arts Council email list, please click here.
Christina Robinson solo exhibit — August 3 – August 30
Outreach exhibit — September 14 – October 10
Monsters on Main — October 18 – November 1
Holiday Fine Art Sale — November 16 – December 20