Please click the link below for a printable version of the grant application.
Sponsorship of the Arts
Due November 1st, 2017
General Community Art Fund Granting Notes:
- Funds are intended for the benefit of students within Vanderburgh County.
- Funds may be awarded only to schools or organizations with a 501(c)(3) status.
- Applications are reviewed by a committee comprised of Arts Council Board Members and arts education community advocates, with funding recommendations voted on by the full Board of Directors of the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana.
- Grant reports are required at the completion of all projects and programs receiving funding (funds must be spent within 12 months of receipt).
- Changes to use of funds in approved grants must be requested in writing.
Sponsorship of the Arts Grant Information
- Applications due November 1st, funds allocated January, 2018. A confirmation email will be sent upon receipt of application. If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, please contact the Arts Council office at (812) 422-2111.
- Grants of up to $5,000 are available for development or advancement of arts opportunities and experiences for Kindergarten through 12th grade students in Vanderburgh County.
- Active engagement of students is preferred to passive engagement.
- Grants are evaluated on quality of programming, number of students impacted, degree of active/passive engagement of students, innovation of the project, and likelihood and measurability of success.
- Projects or programs able to demonstrate sustainable impact are preferred. (For example, a request for funds to purchase equipment that can be used in subsequent years.)
- Programs impacting underserved populations are preferred.
- New programming is preferred over underwriting existing programming.
- Funds are generally not awarded for transportation, food, or t-shirts.
Contact the Arts Council at (812) 422-2111 or [email protected] with any questions.