Old National Bank wants proposals for two exciting murals in Downtown Evansville
Old National Bank is looking for artists to add two new murals to their buildings Downtown Evansville.
The deadline to submit ideas is a month away. ONB is open to all ideas but there are a few restrictions.
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Work as a professional artist or part of an art/design team
• Have previously created public art, large-scale works, or outdoor projects
• Carry personal liability insurance for the on-site duration of the project
• Be willing to meet all contractual obligations and adhere to a strict deadline
• Live or work within 400 miles of Evansville, Indiana.
The mission is to “create a sense of excitement and civic pride in downtown Evansville by introducing new art projects on the exterior of Old National Bank buildings.”
Check out the two proposed spots and find out more below on how to submit your ideas.
ONSD building at 101 NW Fourth St. in Downtown Evansville
(the northeast wall facing Fifth Street)
The mural will cover a large percentage of the painted brick wall facing the Fifth Street City Parking Garage. ONB will consider options that include painting the entire wall a new base color, and will consider artwork that encompasses some or all of the windows on that side.
ONB Hub at 123 Main St. in Downtown Evansville
(the southwest corner of the building)
The mural will wrap around the corner of the building, and could be as tall as all 3 floors, no wider than 15 feet in either direction.
The deadline submission is 4 p.m. (CST) Jan. 12, 2021.
Click here to view the entire RFP and details for how to submit proposals.
Posted Dec. 4, 2020