Who we are:
The Da Vinci Institute is a network of Evansville, Indiana, community leaders that facilitates opportunities for creativity and collaboration for K-12 learners so that the disciplines of the arts and humanities are vital components of the educational experience and integral with the study of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- the arts and culture are important components of a healthy community.
- creativity is a common link between the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, math, the humanities, and the arts, and each discipline relies on others for relevance.
- all of our youth deserve diverse and rich educational experiences that include study in the arts and humanities as well as study in the STEM areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
- as a community, we should explore together ways to support the inclusion of the humanities and the arts to enrich the educational experience for our students.
- through advocacy and research, the Da Vinci Institute supports arts and humanities education in K-12 schools so that our students will become creative problem solvers and will be adequately prepared for their future.