Your donation supports our mission of enhancing quality of life and supporting economic development through advocacy and promotion of the arts, arts organizations, and arts education in southwestern Indiana.
To mail your contribution, write a check to “Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana” and send it to:
Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana
212 Main Street
Evansville, Indiana 47708
For more information, please contact us at 812-303-3178 or [email protected].
|Visionary Sponsorship||Prominent Table at all Marquee Events, Traditional Media – email, social, website, Co-Sponsor Gallery Exhibit – through 12/31/2024||$7500|
|Culture Sponsorship||Table at Feb Kick-Off event and recap event, 4 tickets to Art Awards, Traditional Media – email, social, website – through 12/31/2024||$5000|
|Arts Muse Sponsorship||4 Tickets Feb Kickoff Event, 4 Tickets Art Awards, Traditional Media – email, social, website – thru 12/31/2024||$2500|
|Sustaining Sponsorship||2 Tickets Feb Kickoff Event, 2 Tickets Arts Awards, Traditional Media – email, social, website – through 12/31/2024||$1000|
|Community Sponsorship||2 Tickets to a Marquee Event, Traditional Media – email, social, website – through 12/31/2024||$500|
|Champion Sponsorship||Traditional Media – email, social, website – through 12/31/2024||$250|
|Friend Sponsorship||Traditional Media – email, social, website, – through 12/31/2024||$100|
|Supporter||Help a local artist belong to the Arts Council||$50|
|Monthly Recurring Options||Options are available on monthly, quarterly, and annual renewals. Commit to supporting the arts and cultural community in a monthly amount that is meaningful to you and fits in your budget.||You Pick|
Planned giving offers various avenues for supporting the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana’s mission. You can leave a lasting impact through gifts made via wills, charitable gift annuities, and charitable trusts. When you choose planned giving, you’ll be recognized as a donor at the Sustaining Membership level or higher by the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana. To learn more about these options, please reach out to our Director of Development, Lisa Moore.
There are several ways to include the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana in your estate plans:
- Specific Bequest: You can designate a specific dollar amount, a particular percentage, or specific property to be given to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana.
- Residual Bequest: Your estate first covers debts, taxes, expenses, and specific bequests. The remainder, or residue, is then directed to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana.
- Contingent Bequest: You can stipulate that the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana receives a portion of your estate only under certain conditions. For instance, you might name us as a beneficiary if there are no surviving close family members, ensuring your support for our mission.
Life Income Gift
Balancing family responsibilities, retirement planning, and the cost of living can make substantial charitable giving challenging today. However, there’s a way to make a meaningful lifetime gift while enjoying immediate income tax benefits and financial advantages.
Consider a “Life Income Gift” where you transfer assets to us, and in return, you (and a survivor, if desired) receive income for life. This arrangement ensures that the income generated from your assets contributes to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana’s mission. By making a Life Income Gift, you gain:
- A charitable deduction in the year you make the gift for the present value of our eventual receipt of the assets.
- The opportunity to free up appreciated investments, potentially diversify, and often defer capital gains taxes.
- Increased effective yield through substantial income tax savings.
- Potentially more favorable taxation of income in certain plans.
- Relief from investment concerns.
- Possible reductions in probate and estate administration costs.
Gift of Life Insurance
If you no longer require a life insurance policy originally purchased to provide for family members, consider donating the policy to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana. You may claim a charitable deduction for the policy’s cash surrender value, and the proceeds are entirely removed from your estate.
Charitable Lead Trust
Individuals with substantial estates can utilize a charitable lead trust to benefit the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana while passing principal to family members with minimal or no tax implications. Here’s how it works: Transfer assets to a trust that makes payments to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana for a predetermined term. Subsequently, the trust principal goes to your children, grandchildren, or other beneficiaries with minimal or greatly reduced federal gift and estate tax. Please be aware that a generation-skipping tax (GST) may apply to transfers to grandchildren and those more than one generation younger than you.
Gift of Retirement Plan
Many individuals possess significant qualified retirement plans like IRAs, 401(k)s, or Keogh plans, which have grown tax-free over the years. Distributions from these plans are taxable when received, and the plans are included in your taxable estate.
Consider utilizing your retirement plan as a source of support for the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana. One option is to establish a charitable remainder trust through your will:
- Transfer your IRA assets to a charitable remainder trust, with no immediate tax liability as the trust is tax-exempt.
- The trust provides life income to the beneficiary (e.g., your child), with a future gift to the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana.
- The beneficiary pays income tax on trust distributions, and your estate receives an estate tax charitable deduction for the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana’s expected receipt of trust assets.
For more information or to begin exploring planning giving options to benefit the Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana, please contact Lisa Moore, Director of Development, for a private conversation.