Is Halloween an everyday affair for you, or do you reserve it just for October? Regardless of your spooky inclinations, this year’s Arts Council gallery has a treat in store for you. Our hauntingly captivating Spooky Show, hosted at 212 Main, will be on display from October 5th to the 27th. Featuring a spine-chilling array of 129 entries from 97 talented artists, this exhibition showcases ceramics, stained glass, paintings, and repurposed creations from over 13 communities, including Evansville, Newburgh, Haubstadt, Mount Vernon, and beyond.
Here are the key details you need to know:
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm.
- Exhibition Dates: October 5th to October 27th.
- Artist Reception: Join us on October 21st from 5:00 to 6:30 pm for a ghoulishly delightful artist reception.
- Admission: This eerie experience is free and open to visitors of all ages.
- Exhibit Juror: Signature School Teacher, University of Evansville Adjunct Faculty (Printmaking), and Artist Kyle Darnell
- Awards will be announced at the Artist Reception on October 21st: First Place: $300, Second Place: $200, Third Place: $100
Please note that while the 200 block of Main Street is currently under construction, fret not! Ample parking options are available on the surrounding streets and in nearby garages. We remain open during our regular hours, and we’re keeping our fingers crossed for the construction project to conclude by the projected end date of November 17th.
We’re especially thrilled to announce that this year’s Spooky Show has received generous sponsorship from Engelbrecht Enterprises.
So, whether Halloween is your daily muse or an annual affair, make sure to immerse yourself in the otherworldly creativity of our Spooky Show this October. We can’t wait to welcome you to a world where every day is Halloween!